Re: [RFI] Common mode choke on 4 Square feedlines without skewing phasin

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Common mode choke on 4 Square feedlines without skewing phasing?
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2019 16:01:14 -0800
On 1/23/2019 2:57 PM, Andy KU7T wrote:
So, I am contemplating putting up 4 turns x 7 #31 2.4 “ cores = 4000 Ohm at 4
Mhz. Maybe I can squeeze 10 cores on there, then I would be above 5000 Ohm.

Did you miss the part when I noted that I no longer recommend that form of choke because their performance varies widely depending on precisely how they are wound? I strongly suggest that you take one of my suggestions from the NEW cookbook. I spent a lot of time looking up cable alternatives and studying my data so that I could provide you that detailed advice. If you can wind four turns, you should have enough coax to trim to add those chokes.

73, Jim K9YC