Re: [RFI] Common mode choke on 4 Square feedlines without skewing phasin

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Common mode choke on 4 Square feedlines without skewing phasing?
From: Gedas <w8bya@mchsi.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2019 10:47:30 -0500
Just as a point of interest depending on who makes the coax completely different dielectrics are possible with extremely wide spanning power ratings and other specs.

For example there is a RG-179 cable available in Europe with a standard PE dielectric and 0.66 VF vs the traditional PFTE.

https://docs-emea.rs-online.com/webdocs/0624/0900766b8062495d.pdf

And Belden's version, while PFTE with a power rating of 1250 watts at 6m, is radically different from the similar PFTE coax from Habia (which is known for excellent cables). Here the power rating is very significantly lower.

http://www.militarysystems-tech.com/files/militarysystems/supplier_docs/RG%20Coaxials.pdf

It suggests to me you best find the exact specs from the maker of the cable you plan to use. No "one brands RG-xx specs will be pretty much the same as another makers same RG-xx cable".

Also one company may rate there power capacity as an average power under some specific tolerances (temperature rise, impedance change, etc, etc) while another company may rate power a completely different like peak using different parameters all together.

Gedas, W8BYA

Gallery at http://w8bya.com
Light travels faster than sound....