Re: [RFI] Question Regarding Variations In Solar Panel RFI?

To: K9MA <k9ma@sdellington.us>, "rfi@contesting.com" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Question Regarding Variations In Solar Panel RFI?
From: "Hare, Ed W1RFI" <w1rfi@arrl.org>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2020 19:16:41 +0000
I agree, but I like magic, so that's my story.  Yes, one can actually do real
science and come up with answers, but that often involved multiple interrelated
phenomena that are best sorted out with expensive modeling.

When a ham has an interference problem involving a neighbor, there is rarely
the patience to try different things, so I usally recommend that the ham do a
shotgun approach involving all possible common-mode and differential-mode
filters, install them and then get the heck out of there as  quickly as
possible.  Usually, by about the third failed attempt to find "the" correct
cure, the neighbor concludes that the ham doesn't know what he/she is doing and
concludes that the problem in in the ham station and ends the project.