[RFI] RFI Emissions Standards for LED Drivers / Switching PS.

To: Rfi List <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] RFI Emissions Standards for LED Drivers / Switching PS.
From: Bob Turner <n2scj-lists@outlook.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2020 17:41:26 +0000
Today I noticed an EMI standard of EN55015 on a power supply.  Does this
standard mean much?  Are there others to look for when selecting a switching
power supply?  I am using a doorbell transformer for some very low level LED
lighting, but it gets warm and if I had a higher current need it would be too
small.

This is one example of EMC Emission standards being claimed.
https://www.trcelectronics.com/ecomm/pdf/rs15.pdf.  They list: EN55002
(CISPR32) Class B and a few other standards.   Class B caught my eye, I think
that is what home computers need to be while servers, generally destined for
data centers can be class A.  Are any standards worth paying attention to when
purchasing an LED Driver power supply?

7 3  Bob
N2SCJ