Re: [RFI] RFI Emissions Standards for LED Drivers / Switching PS.

To: Rfi List <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] RFI Emissions Standards for LED Drivers / Switching PS.
From: Bob Turner <n2scj-lists@outlook.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2020 03:49:20 +0000
I purchased the RS-15-12 switcher.
https://www.trcelectronics.com/ecomm/pdf/rs15.pdf.   The metal case looked
promising for keeping RF inside the unit.  So far its quiet on HF.  I have not
tuned from 6m to 23cm.    The leads from the source/ps to the load and LED
light are 6 inches long at the moment.  No noised noticed on HF with a cursory
tune up the bands.  Next step is longer leads to the load.

This PS is to replace an internal noisy/small switcher in an outdoor the light
housing that currently takes 120v, with an external one with 12v leads running
to the housing.  The internal switcher may be removed or simply bypassed.

7 3  Bob
N2SCJ