Re: [RFI] Ut oh. VisionSolar is parked next door.

To: Rfi List <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Ut oh. VisionSolar is parked next door.
From: Tony <73guddx@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2020 18:51:17 -0500
On 12/16/2020 2:16 PM, David Eckhardt wrote:
I've emailed engineering at SolarEdge, the Isreali company, regarding RFI which
is so synonymous with the solar power industry in general.  I have never
received a reply from any of them. I strongly suspect they are acutely aware of
RFI

David:

I can tell you first hand that Solar Edge is well aware of the RFI issues caused by their systems. I've been dealing with the company since 2016 and my case has yet to be resolved.

They denied any RFI issues with their equipment at the time, but years later, after being presented with evidence which involved covering the solar panels with tarps to demonstrate how the noise disappeared with the system deactivated and how it reappeared when uncovered, they conceded.

So here we are 4 years later from complete denial to the ARRL handling some 200 Solar Edge cases since then. We had three more cases pop up here on Long Island so this is clearly the greatest threat to amateur radio.

Unless we take this more seriously, I think it's only a matter of time before the issue becomes so wide-spread that there's no way to put the toothpaste back in the tube.

I've written the CTO of Solar Edge numerous times (see contact info below) but that has had little effect on changing the design of their systems.

Tony -K2MO

Ilan Yoscovich

Chief Technology Officer

*SolarEdge Technologies.*