Re: [RFI] FW: Sweden imposes higher levy on electricity bills for EMC |

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] FW: Sweden imposes higher levy on electricity bills for EMC | Southgate Amateur Radio News
From: "qrv@kd4e.com" <qrv@kd4e.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2021 12:12:55 -0500
Airlines are now making a fuss about 5G at airports interfering with
their instrument landing systems. Perhaps their leverage to force that
conversation is our opening to address the larger problem - and demand
that those we pay to deal with it do so ... or stand down and allow others
to replace them who will?

David KD4E

Agreed. Keep in mind that Amateur Radio is not was it used to be.  It is not
longer considers an emergency service. Most people are surprised it still
exists or comment the Hams they know are grumpy old men. I am a retired EE
after 40 years. When I started it was considered an asset when pursuing a
technical career. This is not longer the case.
This is a hobby. What is our justification - we need a low noise floor to work DX or rack up points in a contest?

People and governments will react if it will affect Government, consumer and commercial
services. I feel the best way of expressing our concern is to act as "the canary in
the coalmine" and warn people that they may not be affected now but will in the
future.

Mike N2MS