RTTY

Re: [RTTY] A repository of (poor) RTTY recordings?

To: "'RTTY Reflector'" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] A repository of (poor) RTTY recordings?
From: Kok Chen <chen@mac.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 20:22:22 -0700
On Apr 20, 2004, at 8:10 PM, Dave Bernstein wrote:

I have a KAM '98, which I use with MMTTY for RTTY Dxing. WinWarbler lets
me run both simultaneously, displaying the received characters from each
in adjacent (over/under) panes.

Does MMTTY allow running three or five different parameter sets and then do a vote on which is the best estimate of the character sent and displaying that character? (The method would even have worked in Florida, just let each person vote three times and then figure out they really meant. Is that why they vote multiple times where W9OL lives? :-)

Using a human op to do such a mundane task seems such a waste. Modern computers are plenty fast to do simultaneous decoding. "Call recognition" is already handled by many contest software, for example.

73
Chen, W7AY