RTTY

Re: Instant Messenger programs (was [RTTY] RTTY on 160M)

To: "'RTTY'" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Instant Messenger programs (was [RTTY] RTTY on 160M)
From: "Terry" <terry@ab5k.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 18:54:51 -0500
AR-Cluster has a Instant Messenger feature.  We have been using it here in
Austin for several years for local chatter between the three DX-Cluster
nodes here.  The feature requires some setup by the sysop as well as the
each user has to be configured by the sysop.  To use the feature you would
do a ANN/RTTY message or A/RTTY message.  If there is interest in trying
this we could setup a RTTY chat room on nodes AB5K, AB5K-2 and N7US.  If it
became popular, the chat traffic could be routed to other AR-Cluster nodes.
If it was real successful, a web version could be developed which would go
through firewalls and work similar to the dxworld.com 6-meter chat pages.

If there is interest, let us know and we'll set it up for a trial.

73 Terry - AB5K