Re: [SD-User] Club Calls setup ?

To: <sd-user@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [SD-User] Club Calls setup ?
From: "Paul O'Kane" <paul@ei5di.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 08:57:03 -0000
> > > SD permits a maximum of 11 characters -

> I'm amazed that a longer field length is not possible.

It is possible, but it introduces QSO capacity issues
and various other compromises.

> .... see RSGB HFCC website - includes examples for CCC
> in Cabrillo format.

There are some inconsistencies in the example shown.

1.  The indicated length for received club names is 26
    characters - not nearly enough for "Loughton and
    Epping Forest Amateur Radio Rociety".

2.  The "ARS" abbreviation is shown - is this permitted
    under the rules?

3.  There is no provision for recording your own club
    name as sent.  This is contrary to the fundamental
    Cabrillo principle of recording both sides of the
    exchange, in full, in QSO records.

73,
Paul EI5DI