Re: [SD-User] SDI problems

To: Paul O'Kane <pokane@ei5di.com>
Subject: Re: [SD-User] SDI problems
From: Martyn Johnson <Martyn.Johnson@cl.cam.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2005 17:31:15 +0100
> All the programs create an audit (.AUD) file by default.
> Its QSO and Edit records are in exactly the same format
> as the .ALL file - this can't be turned off or disabled.
> The AUDIT command creates an additional "plain English"
> audit file.

Aha!  Excellent.  In the end the .AUD file was the crucial one in
recovering all the information that was lost from the .ALL file, so
I'm pleased that it is enabled by default.

> Please send me your .AUD and .ALL files and I'll correct
> any errors.

Thanks for the offer, but I've sorted out my log myself. I can send
you a copy of the "overnight" files if they would help you to diagnose
the problem.

It would be really nice to have a tool for recovering .ALL from .AUD
automatically.  If my log had been bigger I would have been tempted to
write one. But I would have done it in Perl, in which it would be a
pretty trivial script, but I suspect not generally useful for most
people as it seems overkill to install Perl just for this!