[SD-User] CW keying with XP Home

To: sd-user@contesting.com
Subject: [SD-User] CW keying with XP Home
From: Kevin Martin <g6fop@ntlworld.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 08:11:20 +0100
Hi Paul

I have been trying to set up SD for CW keying, with no success. I am
using the CT standard design single transistor interface with Windows XP
Home on an AMD XP 1700 box with 256M Ram. I continually have key down
with SD. I also use software by G4FON for specific contests which works
perfectly, but does not support the amount and variety that SD does.
Looking at the folder containing the programs G4FON uses a different
port driver to that used by SD. the interface is as follows Pin 17 on the
parallel Port feeds the base of a 2n2222a via 1Kr
Pin one is fed to the emitter and pin 25 is ground. Any light you can shed on
this would be
greatly appreciated.
73 es GDX
Kevin G6FOP