Re: [SD-User] SD/SDX prosigns with (or without) Winkey

To: <sd-user@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [SD-User] SD/SDX prosigns with (or without) Winkey
From: "Paul O'Kane" <pokane@ei5di.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 16:36:54 -0000
From: "Kenji Rikitake JJ1BDX" <jj1bdx@radio.email.ne.jp>

> Some suggestions and requests for the CW Keyboard Mode:

Many thanks for your suggestions.

> 1.a) *BT*
> I thought this was mapped on "=" (equal sign) key, but
> for some reason SDX sent -....- (minus sign) instead.

I'll check that out.

> 1.b) *HH* : I need to claim an error during a QSO.

I'm probably in a minority, but I use "i i" to indicate
an error - is that reasonable?  It's just that I haven't
heard anyone send 8 or more dots in a long time.

> 1.c) BTW I'd be glad if SD/SDX prosigns are described
> in the manual, as I put it in this article's appendix.

Thanks - I'll do that.

> 2) I'd be glad if PageUp and PageDown are ENABLED EVEN
> IF I'm using WinKey;

I'm not too confident in coding for 2-way communications
with WinKey - there are many timing issues involved.
That's why SD & SDX follow WinKey settings (especially
Speed) rather than the other way around.

However, I will experiment a bit to see if there's a
simple solution.

> valid prosigns while in the CW Keyboard Mode:

Thanks - I'll add them to the manual.

73,
Paul EI5DI