Re: [SD-User] QSO frequency

To: <sd-user@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [SD-User] QSO frequency
From: "Paul O'Kane" <pokane@ei5di.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 11:36:08 -0000
From: "David Gould" <dave@g3ueg.co.uk>

> I noticed that the frequency recorded is that from the
> main VFO and hence is showing many QSOs as out of band,

SD records your Receive frequency, even when you're
operating split - it's the fequency shown under the callsign
on the logging line.  If, for any reason, it can't resolve
the frequency, or if you are not linked to the rig, it
defaults to the lower band-edge frequency - for example,
7000, 1800 etc.

7000 is slightly below the phone band edge, and 1800 is
outside the band - but that's what Cabrillo wants :-)

Since the CQWW logs were made public last year, it's easy
to find examples of apparent (or real) transgressions.
On their own, they don't necessarily indicate the QSO was
"out of band".

The Cabrillo logs from SDCHECK will show these misleading
frequencies - and it doesn't seem to be an issue with
contest organisers.  In the meantime, there's always the
option to edit suspect frequencies in the Cabrillo log
before submitting it.

73,
Paul EI5DI