[SD-User] question re: keyboard character assignment

To: sd-user@contesting.com
Subject: [SD-User] question re: keyboard character assignment
From: Klaus Brosche <dk3qn@onlinehome.de>
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2009 12:28:22 +0200
I've downloaded and installed SD and went through the documentation.
Now I'm "playing" with the program to get used to the handling.
Very easy to log QSOs.

However there is one point where I'm lost which is how I can assign/swap
keyboard keys i.e. the assignment of the keyboard keys.

Here is what I wanted to do:

Whenever pressing the German Umlaut "ue" (as one character on the
keyboard
and on the right hand side of the letter "P")
SD should accept this (and show it) as the character "/" in the call
sign field.

What I did was the following:
I added a text file named "SD.MAP" and edited there 2 lines with
those 2 characters
swapped. SD.MAP is in the same SD directory as the program itself.

When I then go into the program and enter (in the call sign field)
something like
DL1XYZ(ue)P, the "ue" character entry is just ignored and the call
sign field
shows "DL1XYZP".

What have I missed in order to show this entry as "DL1XYZ/P"?

Thanks for your assistance.

Klaus, DK3QN