Re: [SD-User] SD & My New iMac Computer

To: Eddy Swynar <deswynar@xplornet.ca>
Subject: Re: [SD-User] SD & My New iMac Computer
From: Bryan <m0oic@sky.com>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 23:20:44 +0100
Hi Eddy,

I have an iMac i7 on which I run Parallels 6 and Windows XP Pro which allows
100% compatibility with my radio programmes. FLDIGI also works well but
straight from OS X. Using Parallels 6 and Win XP Pro I have both MixW and SD
running side-by-side during digimode contests on the iMac desktop, faster than
on my old windows stand-alone computer. I would like to get away from Windows
totally but also requiring Microsoft ACCESS to run I cannot.

You could also run BootCamp as supplied with OS X but you have to re-boot from
OS X to run it which I found to be a bind. There are other free ways using
emulators but they would not accept my radio programmes, nor would they accept
MS ACCESS without Windows XP being installed. Set it up as you want it and SD
can run the same as any Mac programme on the same screen. Sorry yes Parallels
will cost a bit (look out for discounts) and you will have to purchase an OEM
version of Windows if you don't already have a copy.

Anyway, that is what I use and it has never let me down.

73, Bryan M0OIC