Re: [SD-User] Rig Control in V17.06

To: sd-user@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [SD-User] Rig Control in V17.06
From: Paul O'Kane <pokane@ei5di.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 17:43:54 +0100
On 13/07/2013 14:50, Dave Sergeant wrote:

> Using 17.07 in the IARU contest, interfaced to my Elecraft K2. Why when I type 8HQ (as part of 9A28HQ) and press space bar or enter does my rig change to 160m LSB? Nearly lost a QSO...

This happened for callsigns beginning with a number
and ending with the letter "Q".  It was caused by
broken code (many months ago) associated with the
need to distinguish between a "frequency change"
command and a "QSO edit" command when there were
more than 1800 QSOs in the log - Q at the end of the
number was used to identify a QSO Edit rather than a
frequency change.

This is not an issue in other loggers that don't
offer direct editing of a QSO by entering the QSO
number.

As many discovered, the way to get round the bug
was to use Tab, rather that Enter, after 9A27HQ
and similar callsigns.

It's fixed in V17.08, for release later this week.

73,
Paul EI5DI