OMNI-VI Serial Cable

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: OMNI-VI Serial Cable
From: wwalsh@intac.com (Warren Walsh)
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 1996 07:41:12 -0400 (EDT)
The OMNI-VI manual shows the cable incorrectly! The interface cable should
be a DB25M to a DB25F connector with pin 2 connected to pin 2, pin 3
connected to pin 3, and pin 7 connected to pin 7.  I made this cable well
over a year ago when I had problems with NA9. Tentec uses the DB25 connector
on the back of the OMNI-VI for other things besides the PC interface,
particularly they use pins 6 and 8 for their remote VFO!  These pins are
also used by a PC com port for Handshaking, and could cause the OMNI to do
strange things (such as jump 100KHZ).  Please DO NOT reverse TxD and RXD as
TenTec has done this inside the OMNI already!  If anyone needs more
information please feel free to ask. My Email address's are below.

73
Warren Walsh - N2BCC
Home Address - wwalsh@intac.com
Work Address - wwalsh@imtech.com