OMNI VI and 486 Computer

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: OMNI VI and 486 Computer
From: n4to@ct.net (Victor A. Dubois)
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 1996 23:16:54 -0400
A computer dummy needs help. I finally was able to make my computer talk to
my OMNI VI, but the OMNI doesn't talk back.

When I cahnge bands an the computer the Omni changes bands. However when I
change bands on the Omni, the computer doesn't change bands. I'm given to
understand that it should work both ways.

What have I done wrong, or what have I failed to do correctly? My setup is a
486DX4-100 and the OMNI VI using CT. I am using the W1GEE interface cable
that connects the computer to the OMNI via the  1/8" SERIAL PORT connector
on the rear of the OMNI.  I have two COM ports, the first is occupied by a
mouse and the second is used for the radio. Prior to running CT I run the
COMTSR2 program to get that TSR installed. Then I go through the CT setup
and have used any baud rate from 1200 to 9600 with the same results, even
though the radio responds much faster at the 9600 baud rate. I get a message
at the bottom of the logging screen that "the radio is not echoing". This
could be the problem. How do I fix it?

How can I get the radio to change bands on the computer?

Any help would certainly be appreciated.

73,

Vic   N4TO
n4to@ct.net