To James ,OMNI VI noise blanker

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: To James ,OMNI VI noise blanker
From: rcook@hiwaay.net (rcook)
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 1996 22:07:33 -0700
JAMES T BRANNIGAN wrote:

> Hi Knut,
> At first I was not happy with the noise blanket on the Omni6, Then I
> realized that the effect was more subtle than other noise blankers
> that I was used to. While the noise blanker does not remove as much
> noise as some others, it also does not destroy the the signal
> handling characteristics of the receiver. I found that the OMNI 6 is
> a sophisticated radio that took some "getting used to"
> 73, Jim WB2TPS

I have the same thoughts about the noise blanker on the OMNI V it has
a very good One also, but it takes a while to get used to. It is most
effective on on the strong noisy signals on 80 & 160 it will blank all
the noise most of the time. This noise blanker is far superior to any
I have used on the competitors rigs.

RCook