End of the Line?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: End of the Line?
From: 74130.212@compuserve.com (Ten-Tec, Inc.)
Date: 30 Aug 96 15:44:19 EDT
You might be reading a little too much into the discontinuing of the
Paragon transceivers.  Like any other product (whether amateur radio
or not) there comes a time when a decision needs to be made, whether
we like it or not.  Rest assured, there is not one person at Ten-Tec
who said "let's get rid of the Paragon".  On the contrary, it is
easier and (sometimes) cheaper to keep an existing product than to
start with a new one from scratch.  Times change.  Look at the Corsair
transceivers: enormously popular, excellent rigs, manufactured for
eight years.  Could we sell it as a brand-new item now?  No.
For your concern about what Paragon owners will do to upgrade to a
new Ten-Tec rig now that we have only the OMNI-VI and Scout:  Yes,
we currently have no comparable product, but that by no means indicates
that we never will.  It will not be immediately; it will not be in the
next twelve months.  From there, we will see.  We will continue to
support the Paragon I and II, just as we have with every other rig
we have ever manufactured.

Developments in technology:  We first introduced
our RX330 for military use in 1991, back when IF-DSP was but a
twinkle in other manufacturers eyes.  Our current RX330A HF receiver is
a rack-mount, IF-DSP, serial port controlled receiver, fully
remote controllable.  Retail price $2850.  Data sheet available
on request.

I understand your concern about where Ten-Tec is going with amateur
radio.  We have a firm commitment to continue offering quality
products and service to the amateur radio community.

Sincerely,
Scott Robbins KY2P, Ten-Tec