End of the Line?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: End of the Line?
From: rad@imperium.net (Robert & Angela Dianetti)
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 1996 18:50:04 -0400
Speaking of circuit board material...

If its so great, why do I keep having to resolder the Major Loop Board on
my Paragon I?  I'm sorry to report that I received two questionable
RS-232 board (did ANYONE ever get the thing to work), and the second was
this week regarding having that Major Loop Board repaired AGAIN.  I even
had Ten-Tec repair the rig this past February (paid $200.00 +), and the PLL
still won't lock up consistently whenever I'm below 7.000 Mhz.  Their
technician told me to try resoldering it AGAIN, and that it does seem to be
a problem area with the rig.  What kind of answer is that????

I've owned several Ten-Tec rigs over my 20 years of Ham experience, PM-2A,
Argonauts 505 and 509, Omni-D, Century 21, and finally this Paragon.  All
have been EXCELLENT rigs, except this Paragon.  Service has ALWAYS been
outstanding, again, except on this Paragon.

I'm in the market for a new rig now, am considering the Omni-VI, but for
the first time ever, I'm just not sure about Ten-Tec anymore.  Anyone have
thoughts on this matter.

Bob WB2JGH

P.S. PLEASE don't flame me.  I'm a reasonable person!