Corsair 1 vs.Omni D vs. Corsair 11

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Corsair 1 vs.Omni D vs. Corsair 11
From: turner@safety.ics.uci.edu (Clark Savage Turner WA3JPG)
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 1996 16:48:41 -0700
I have little time, I am about to depart for Europe, but here is
a quick evaluation:

1.  OMNI-D. Good basic rig.  No PBT, the main defect compared to
Corsair.  Single filter in IF line.  $400 and sometimes less.

2.  Corsair I.  Great basic rig.  PBT.  Has filters in 2 IF's.
Other added features, but none a real big deal.  Usually $400
and above.

3.  Corsair II.  Slightly improved version of the Corsair I.
Prettier.  No real major changes, the audio VBT is nice, but not
a real big deal to me.  Same receiver strip in the main as the
Corsair I.  $500 and up.

I vote for the good used Corsair I as the most cost effective
way to have a very, very good transceiver.  Fine for both
SSB and CW modes.  Just remember - no memories, no dual vfo's,
no FM or any of that other stuff that comes on the current rice
boxes.

Good luck.

Clark
WA3JPG