T-T 301 Remote Frequency Tuning Control

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: T-T 301 Remote Frequency Tuning Control
From: dfi@cyberhighway.net (Scott Cowling)
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 1996 23:32:41 -0700 (MST)
Dale,
I have a 301 tuning control, and I like it.
Positive points:
1.  When S&P contesting, you can have the tuning control next to your
keyboard. I don't like tuning via keyboard, the knob is better.
2.  For casual band tuning, you can sit back in the chair and tune around.
3.  I like the feel of the knob better than the main tuning on the rig.

Negative points:
1.  The cord is too %^&*% short :-)
2.  It takes a little practice to NOT reach for the main dial to tune!
(like in the middle of the SS when your brain is off and your fingers are on
autopilot.)
3.  Since it plugs into the "RS-232" connector, if you use computer control
you either have to make your own "Y" cable or buy TenTec's.  This really is
minor, since you only have to solve it once.

I recommend it - I won't sell you mine! :-)))

73, Scotty, WA2DFI

At 22:13 11/22/96 -0600, you wrote:
>I am considering adding a Model 301 Remote Frequency Tuning Control to my
desktop for my Omni VI.

>Anyone have:
>1.  Positive things to say about it?
>2.  Negative things to say about it?
>3.  One to sell?
>
>73,
>

>Dale Martin, KG5U

-----

Scott Cowling           Zephyr Engineering, Inc
dfi@cyberhighway.net    Box 27681
(602) 784-4649          Tempe, AZ 85285-7681

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/tentecfaq.html