Triton 4

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Triton 4
From: n9zz@juno.com (Robert A. Schill)
Date: Sun, 08 Dec 1996 08:06:59 EST
Hi,
I have an old Ten Tec Triton 4 which had been giving me lots of trouble
with the power level on 40 and 80 meters.  I would load to maximum power
output and after a bit of operating it would drop to idling current.  I
cleaned switches, etc. till I was blue in the face and it never quit.
Also my RIT would drift around a bit occasionally.  Well, I decided to
add on my old 160 meter converter and put myself in a position to operate
qrp on 160 meters.  Guess what, the problems on 40 and 80 meters
disappeared so far, and it has been several weeks now.  But the power
problem moved to 160.  I can only get out about 10 watts where before I
could at least put out 25 watts.  Can anybody tell me what is going on?

Right now I am totally confused and don't see any connection to the
problems and the connection of the converter......MAGIC???

Thanks for any explanation in advance.

Bob Schill  N9ZZ
Mountain Home, Arkansas
ARCI QRP # 4744, MI QRP #266, AR QRP #1, QRP-L #705, ARS #189
E-Mail address  :  N9ZZ@juno.com
Packet address:  N9ZZ @ N0KFQ.#SWMO.MO.USA

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/tentecfaq.html