Model 301 Parts

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Model 301 Parts
From: kg5u@hal-pc.org (Dale Martin)
Date: Sun, 8 Dec 1996 10:07:38 -0600
On Sunday, December 08, 1996 6:45 AM, KF4HK@aol.com wrote:
>Dale;
>I did not receive a "manual" with my 301. It contains a one page sheet
>instructing how to connect to the Omni V, and that a "Y" was required =
to run
>the 301 & optional 236? for the ss Amp or 238 tuner.
>I wud think u will need to find one locally, open and go from there to =
build
>one. It bothers me that T-T discontinued it! Really a neat accessory =
for
>serious operators.
>GL
>73,
>Jim KF4HK
>COMTEK SYSTEMS

Thanks, Jim.  That's interesting. =20

Hmmm...you wouldn't happen to be opening your 301 case soon, would you?  =
=20

hi.... =20

Seriously, if anyone opens their 301 case, I would appreciate if you =
could make up and send me a wiring list from what you see in the case =
and the cable.  That is, I figure four of the five pins on the =
controller are used and run to the terminal strip, where they meet the =
external cable.  Then ringing out the terminal strip to radio connector =
(db-25, right) would tell you which terminal strip pins/cable wires to =
to which pins in the db25. =20

It might look something like this:=20

(reading the controller logo and the pins from left to right)

controller      terminal strip  connector
pin             pin             pin
1               3(case gnd)     1/14
2
3               4               6
4               1               16
5               5               8

Strictly guessing here, ladies and gentlemen--the controller has =
markings that look like they are associated with the pins (-, blank, A, =
+, B). =20

I figure they are wired to the terminal strip, and the cable picks them =
up and goes to the DB-25 (1/14=3Dgnd; 16=3D5v; 6=3Dph1; 8=3Dph2).  Per =
the 4-26 in the Omni VI manual, DB-25 pin outs schematic.

I am assuming ph1/ph2 are the direction and interrupters, or whatever =
they are called.

Anyway, if someone opens their case up and can send me a wirelist like =
the above, I would certainly appreciate it. =20

And if I am way, way off base on my thinking of what the =
-,+,A,B,ph1,ph2, etc. mean, set me straight, please!

Now....to find a knob that the set screw will fit....

Thanks and 73,

Dale Martin, KG5U
kg5u@hal-pc.org
http://www.hal-pc.org/~kg5u