Paragon vs. Omni

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Paragon vs. Omni
From: sales@tentec.com (Ten-Tec Inc.)
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 1996 16:08:26 Eastern Standard Time
Hello from Ten-Tec:

At 11:22 AM 12/11/96 -0800, you wrote:

>Greetings TT fans,
>
>Steve Ellington <n4lq@iglou.com> writes:
>> Of course, the Paragon has it all over the Omni when you want to recieve
>> the BBC on 9.5mhz!
>
>A few questions about the Omni-VI (hopefully my next HF rig...):
>
>Has TT considered including a crystal deck for optional band
>coverage (ala Collins 75S-3C/32S-3A or my Drake R4C/T4XC)?
>
>Would one also have to install custom bandpass filters, such as what
>apparently is inside a Scout band module?  The Collins/Drake rigs
>of old had adjustable preselectors so this wasn't a big issue>

We have not considered optional band coverage and it will not be added to the
Omni-VI.

>Otherwise, what happens to my Omni-VI when 40 meters is someday
>reallocated to, for example, 6.9-7.2.  Or if we get a new band?

The current 40 meter band coverage is for the Omni-VI is 6.820-7.380 MHz.
If a new ham band is added we'll have to decide what to do when and/or if it
happens.  Still looks like many years away.  Remember, it was four years after
30 meters was allocated that it was actually released for use, and more than
that for 12 and 17 meters !

73 Scott Robbins W4PA, Ten-Tec

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/tentecfaq.html