Paragon vs. Omni

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Paragon vs. Omni
From: rcook@HiWAAY.net (Roger Cook)
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 1996 22:31:31 -0800
Mark Libner-GUSR32 wrote:

>      For someone who is contemplating a new HF rig in the future, which is
>      the better radio - the Omni VI or the Paragon II. From what I read,
>      both these radios use synthesizers. I though all Ten-Tec's used PTO's
>      for the main tuning?
>
>      Just gathering data and kicking tires at this point. Have to start
>      somewhere.
>
>      Thanks for any feedback or comments. Please reply to my E-Mail
>      address: GUSR32@email.mot.com
>
>      Mark (NS9N)

I have the Paragon and the OmniV comparing the 2 is kinda like comparing
apples  to  oranges, They  are  so  different  The Omni has the quieter
receiver of the two, you also have the ability  to  cascade  filters on
the Omni. The noise balnker on the Omni is also better (dont know if
that is normal or not).
        The Paragon  has  AM with  a  6khz  filter,  continious coverage
receiver also the memories and display on  the Paragon  are  much  more
versatile.
        This is just a small summary of the differences between the V and
the Paragon someone with the VI might give you more details. The one of
the two I like best ??????? I like them both for what they are, The
OMNIV
suits me so well Im scared to goto the VI.
73-Roger
KO4O

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/tentecfaq.html