263VFO B freq shift...

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: 263VFO B freq shift...
From: rrossi@btv.ibm.com (Ronald D Rossi)
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 1996 13:37:21 -0500
I received a suggestion to look for a modification in Hints&Kinks. I found
SOMETHING that may give some insight from the index for QST 1990 APR P36 and
QST 1981 OCT P45. I have to find these issues to see if it will help me.

I did confirm mixing products getting to the rcvr from A+B operation. I was
tuned to 3.5159 on VFO-A, 3.5130 on VFO-B. When listened to A and B with the
balance set for near equal levels of A and B I could clearly hear W4XJ working
folks...he turned out to be on 3.5102 (my rcv freq). This is clearly B minus A
away from where I was tuned.

This has been confusing to me in the past, since I use the VFO-B nearly
exclusively contests...a contest is no time to try and figure out where the
hell that station comes from when I press "RAB". Now I know!

--
73 de KK1L ex N1PBT...ron (rrossi@btv.ibm.com) <><
Ron Rossi H/P SRAM Engineering -- IBM Microelectronics

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/tentecfaq.html