ArgosyII external voice module (?)

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: ArgosyII external voice module (?)
From: ve9aa@brunnet.net (Mike Smith-VE9AA, Coreen Smith-Wynder Photo)
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 1997 15:57:44 -0400
Hello ALL!
My first post to the list, although I have been following the
archives along from time to time over the past year.
I bought an Argosy II 525D last year, complete with external
"frequency-announcer", "voice-box", or whatever you want to call it.
Pressing a momentary contact toggle allows the unit to "speak" the
last numbers of the frequency you are on.
(I bought it from a visually impaired chap)
So, if you were on 3.795.2Mhz, it would say:
"seven, nine, five, two", but skip the "3".
Thus you need to know the band you are on.
My question is: who produced these things?  I understand there are a
few floating around the Maritimes, but the "white-caners" I have spoken
to don't know where they came from.  I DO know that the ArgosyII
used to be the rig of choice by the CNIB (Can. Nat.Institute for the
Blind)
I believe it is now the ts-450s (w/ voice module)
Finally, does anyone know what the unit is worth, or is anyone interested
in buying it?
Mike, ve9aa

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/tentecfaq.html