Microphones

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Microphones
From: rblank@txdirect.net (Rick Blank)
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 1997 03:27:41 +0000
> I recently purchased a TENTEC rig, Omin-D model 546.  It did not include a
> microphone.  I had a D-104 amplified mic available so I wired it up.  I
> have had good and bad reports on the audio quality, mostly good.  I need
> suggestions, to continue using this mic, modification for it, or other
> mikes that work well with this rig, for rag-chew and DX.  Maybe this one is
> find just depends who is listening. I would appreciate any suggestions.

Try bypassing the amp in the mike and using the element directly into
the rig and see what happens....just a suggestion, but, the crystal
element is high impedence and so is the rigs mike input, right?

It won't hurt to try!

CUL

Rick Blank, KI5SL                      rblank@txdirect.net
2223 Blanco Road                       AMSAT NA# 26195
San Antonio, Texas 78212

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/TenTecFAQ.html