[TenTec] Omni VI owners

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni VI owners
From: PaulKB8N@aol.com (PaulKB8N@aol.com)
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 08:16:19 -0500 (EST)

<< Hud,
         I bought Ten-Tec gear Because I lived close to some powerful
 contesting stations(K3TUP,K3LR just for starters), and I can't for the life
 of me know what your talking about, I got rid of a Kenwood and a Yeasu that
 I owned just for the very reason you are describing. I believe you should
 take up the Ten-Tec offer for 30 days and if you don't like it send it back.
 Enough said.

 73, Chris KB3A >>

Hud, Chris,

The strong signal performance of TenTec gear is renown.  I lived in Europe
for two years, and played in all the major contests with an older Omni and a
Corsair (which is essentially the same receiver chain as the Omni VI).  These
are bullet-proof radios!  In fact, I was talking with Scott Robbins the other
day, and he mentioned that he used two Omni VIs with linears side by side
with no special precautions or problems.  I can assure you that you will not
have receiver overload problems with an Omni VI or any of its predecessors.

73,  Paul

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/TenTecFAQ.html