[TenTec] Omni VI owners

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni VI owners
From: w.dillon@ic.ac.uk (Wayne Dillon)
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 17:08:52 GMT
Hi all,
        From a very satisfied Ten Tec user (un the UK) the reason we don't
buy Ten Tec [new] is because of the regulations enforced by the EEC (Lord
bless their little cotton socks). As I understand the situation, radio
equipment imported for sale into Europe has to be type approved and carry
the CE mark, Ten Tec apparantly do not want to jump through these hoops (and
frankly I don't blame them!) as obtaining type approval would in all
likleyhood put the "Rice Boxes" to shame. This is in no way a critisism of a
company who IMHO produce the finest range of amateur radio equipment
available today. I still use an Omni "C" and a Argossy II, I've never yet
found a "Rice Box" which can compete - especially on '40 in the evenings.

My "10 cents worth" from across the pond! for what it's worth.

73 to all de WAyne - G0JJQ