[TenTec] Corsair II

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Corsair II
From: 101757.557@compuserve.com (ROWLAND HIRST)
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 17:34:54 -0500
I have had my Corsair II from new 1986, but over the last 18 months have
had problems with the PTO which is only noticed on receiving CW sigs. The
problem is that the note varies and it sounds like all stations have a
chirp!!
I have cleaned out the ball race and there was a lot of debris and packed
it with a good quality silicone grease. Needless to say the problem has
recurred and Im back to the chirp. I have heard that TEN TEC do a fix kit
with new ball race. I wonder how much of a job it is to take out the old
and put in the new? Is any realignment required to the PTO once the new one
is in?

Can anyone offer advice on this job please? I would be most grateful to
hear from anyone who has completed the task.
Regards es 73s

Rowland Hirst,  G4APO, GQRP 3520, Email  101757.557@compuserve.com

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/TenTecFAQ.html