[TenTec] Rig in the middle

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Rig in the middle
From: km5av@prysm.net (Scott J. Royle)
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 1997 10:18:29 -0500 (CDT)
>Paul writes
>Hi Scott,
>
>Sounds like you just described the Omni IV ++!!!
>
>73 =paul= w8kc
>collector of TenTecs and other fine plastics
>

>On Fri, 20 Jun 1997, Scott J. Royle wrote:
>
>> I usually do not participate much on the reflector except to read the mail
>> but I have really enjoyed this thread.  It seems we have two schools here,
>> one is to enhance the scout and two, to reintroduce the Corsair II.
>>
>> Here is what I would like to see:
>> 1. A Corsair II type transceiver with
>>         a. Audio DSP with/or Jones filter
>>         b. Super Keyer II or III keyer
>>         c. Dual VFO
>>         d. Two or three additional filter slots
>>         e. The ability to hear each VFO in a separate headphone earcup
>> (great            for contesting, turn it off for normal use)
>>         f. Switch for QRP ie. 100 to 10 watts
>>         g. LCD display with backlight would be ok
>>

>> I think this would make a great radio for any use.  I am not a bells and
>> whistle user.  Maybe if this reflector can come to some kind of consensus we
>> can get Saturn I built for us.  Scott, I hope you folks at Ten Tec are
>> watching this.
>>
>> 73's es Tnx fer the bandwith de
>> Scott KM5AV

Scott writes again;

Hi Paul,

Not really, this rig would not be microproccessor controlled.  It would not
have any memories, computer control, or direct digital entry.  The Saturn
would be more like an enhanced Corsair II rather than an Omni VI+.  If you
look at my list it is basically a Corsair II with DSP and a built in remote
VFO(PTO).  I think having both VFO's in the same box would be nice but I
could live with a remote VFO also. The Corsair has a keyer (see b above) I
just happen to like the Super Keyer III and would like to see that keyer in
a radio I can afford.  Item e is something I would like to see in a mid
priced radio, and items f and g I gleaned off this reflector from others.
While they are nice these last three I would not consider necessary.  I hope
I clarified myself.  Sri for any misunderstanding.

tnx de Scott KM5AV