[TenTec] Ideal Rig...

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Ideal Rig...
From: Nr5q@aol.com (Nr5q@aol.com)
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 1997 18:55:15 -0400 (EDT)
For the past few days the reflector has been full of letters about a "middle"
rig. I cast my vote for a Corsair III. The R and D is in place and that
should help lower the price. What would I add to the Corsair III? I would
prefer a little more audio output. Oh yes...the old Corsair is loud
enough--but good things happen that are difficult to describe when you
operate a radio with six to ten watts output. That's why I enjoy listening to
my old "boatanchors" like the NC-183, SX-16, and HRO.

I doubt that over ten per-cent of the owners use the built in keyer. I do not
need it and I work CW exclusively. I would love a panel mounted send-receive
switch...perhaps a great leap backward, but convenient when running simple
home-brew amps.
I  feel the NB could be improved...other wise, I can find very little wrong
with it.

Currently I am using two Kenwood 930's and the Corsair II, plus a few
classsic rigs. The Corsair II certainly can hold it's own with most any
rig..AND you can depend on it and the company that built it. Just let one of
your imported rigs break down--then you will really appreciate the TenTec
approach to radio construction and customer service. The peace of mind that
comes with TenTec ownership is worth more that bells and whistles.

Bruce Vaughan, NR5Q