[TenTec] Ten-Tec rigs and model numbers

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Ten-Tec rigs and model numbers
From: junger@usgs.gov (John Unger)
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 1997 08:37:19 -0400
Ten-Tec Fans -

Vernon's recent request for information on the 255 power supply for his
older Omni got me thinking about something that has been nagging me for a
while. Many times I have thought how great it would be to have a
comprehensive listing of all of the varieties of ham-related gear that
Ten-Tec has produced over the years. Ideally, the table would consist of
something like the model number, "name", years manufactured, comments,
etc....; like:

961, Power Supply, 19?? - present, used with Paragon II, Corsair II, Omni V
& VI

I don't know if such a list exists, maybe Scott can help out on this one,
but I am sure that this group could put together a pretty comprehensive
table if we pooled our knowledge.

And, yes, if this project has to be started from scratch, I will volunteer
to be the compiler of the data.

What do you think, and also, what kinds of data would be useful to collect,
e.g., is the serial# a good thing to keep track of?

73 - John, W4AU