[TenTec] Beginner Corsair II Questions

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Beginner Corsair II Questions
From: collier@bellcore.com (George H. Collier)
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 1997 12:09:30 -0400
Hi Folks,

I am a new ham (abt three months) and I have few questions regarding the
use of my Corsair II.

Would someone be so kind as to explain the use of the controls (other than
the tuning knob HI-HI)? Particularly as how they interact with each other?

For instance, I am confused about the interrelationship between the XTAL
filters (I have an optional one a position 2), the PBT knob and its
neighbor. Also when I kick in the filter I often lose the signal. Also how
do I use the spot to zero-beat?

Where should the other switches be when I work CW (which is all I do)?

Cheers
George

PS my first CA contact a few nights ago (I live in 2 land - NJ)

George H. Collier - KC2BIS -  Rescue 44 - collier@bellcore.com
Polar Star Sleddog Team                                 malamute-l owner
*** Long Live the Polar Husky ***