[TenTec] Building a 301

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Building a 301
From: PaulKB8N@aol.com (PaulKB8N@aol.com)
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 1997 12:00:47 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-09-25 02:15:39 EDT, FSWF37A@prodigy.com (JAMES T
BRANNIGAN) writes:

<< After looking for a suitable box I put my 301 in a 2 3/4 X 2 1/8 X 1
 5/8 minibox. Added a four foot shielded cord, some rubber feet and a
 red led ('cause I had one)
 I fits in the computer's keyboard tray and is great to use with a
 contest program like CT-9 or for tuning around the bands while
 working on the computer.
 73, Jim WB2TPS

If you can't find a small sloping box, a larger one will give you a lot of
flexibility for adding features.  For example, I added A/B radio switching
and Antenna 1/2 switching for both radios using mini toggle switches.  I
simply bring in 12V via an RCA jack, and switch the 12V to appropriate
relays, using a shielded RCA cable.

I built all of this into the original 301 box.  My A/B switch switches the
keying line, the computer interface and the 301 control between the two Omni
VIs through two 4pdt relays that switch together through parallel 12V lines.

All isn't lost if you can't find a 301 box!

73,  Paul, KB8N