[TenTec] Info on Omni V

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Info on Omni V
From: km3g@cts.com (Lane C. Zeitler)
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 1997 21:52:21 -0800
John,
For some reason, possibly software, when the user operates split on the V
the QSK characteristics deteriorate considerably. T-T is very well aware of
this and there is no fix. That is the only reason I no longer own a V. I do
not believe the VI is worth the additional $$. I tried in earnest to find a
solution and after talking with T-T decided that it would be better to
either change rigs or upgrade. I "upgraded" to an old TS-930SAT. With the
linear amplifier T-R relay disabled the QSK is outstanding.
The Variable BW Tuning is superb. A good used 930 is going for ~ $6-700.
For now I can't justify the extra $$ to "upgrade" to the VI.

I still own a 546 Omni-C which I cherish. But for the price it is hard to
beat the 930.

VERY respectfully,

Lane
KM3G

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
> Date: Tuesday, October 28, 1997 5:27 PM
>
> I think the Omni V is an excellent cw radio.  I own both the Omni VI and
The