[TenTec] Onmi VI problem

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Onmi VI problem
From: w5ec@digitalexp.com (Hawkins, Bill)
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 1997 13:44:19 -0600
Here's a new problem I havn't seen here. It is on cw.
I have been leaving the power supply on all the time and turning the
VI off/on with it's switch.Wednesday morning after being on about 30 minutes
I began noticing signals were a bit rough. It got worse. After a while all
signals
sounded like a bunch of bad Cuban  stations. I turned the VI off with it's
switch and left it off about 30 minutes then turned it back on. It was ok
for a few minutes then started getting bad again. I turned the POWER SUPPLY
off for the rest of the day. Yesterday everything seemed normal  for a
couple of hours.
I turned the VI switch off until this morning. Everything was ok for about
30 min
and started to get rough again.

Anybody seen this problem? Any Ideas? I probably have not checked enough
but it has me a bit worried.

Bill W5EC