[TenTec] Advice

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Advice
From: crobson@erie.net (Chris Robson)
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 1997 15:20:12 -0500
At 09:06 AM 11/29/97 -0800, you wrote:
>I have recently decided to get back on the air after an absence of several
>years. My last rig was a Ten Tec 540 that had a gorgeous receiver. I have
>listened to Icom and Kenwood rigs and have been less than pleased with the
>audio. Now I am down to the Omni VI plus and the Scout. My little
>subdivision has CC&R's so I'll be limited to a vertical (probably a
>Butternut or GAP). I am essentially a ragchewer who doesn't like
>interference to chop up a great QSO. Any advice?
>73,
>Jim Belt, WAOJIH
>
>--

Jim,

        I own both the Omni VI+ and a Scout, if you have the cash, definitely by
the Omni VI+, you will be very pleased with the receive proformance(I know
I am), and a Scout is a great backup rig for the Omni.  However if you are
strapped for funds, the Scout is alot of fun, has a great receiver and is a
no nosense rig that will serve you well.  But the Scout has it querks, and
be prepared for some minor frustrations if your used to simple band
changes.Also the Scout can be very sensitive to low voltage situations.
The Omni is a treasure and in my opinion has the best all around usable
functions of any top end rig on the market.  The call is yours...

73, Chris KB3A