[TenTec] TenTec Service

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] TenTec Service
From: steve@austin.ibm.com (Steve Runyon)
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 1997 15:07:48 -0600 (CST)
Someone wanted to hear about TenTecs that HAVEN'T needed service. Well,
my Omni D was bought new by my father (I think in the late 1970's?).
I now own it, and the only time it went back to Sevierville was to have
the 12m option added and have it 'tuned up.' And the only service I had
to do was replace a meter lamp and replace a 1.8kHz filter that went
bad somehow.

I could have added the 12m option myself,
but Dad happened to be traveling to Knoxville area and wanted to
see the factory anyway :-) so I took him up on his offer to take the
Omni to the factory for me.

I think he dropped it off one day, picked it back up the next, and got a
free factory tour at the same time... price for checking it out and
adding 12m was very reasonable also.
73 de Steve WQ5G