[TenTec] #253 Tuner -Reply

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] #253 Tuner -Reply
From: PEPLASTERS@mail.rkd.snds.com (Paul Plasters)
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 1997 08:25:17 -0600
Hi Jimmy;
I recently purchased a 2 year old car.  The speaker grill covers among
other things was discolored.  At the car wash, I asked them to see if
they could get that discoloration off.  The manager said it was from
smokers.
I work in a large aircraft parts manufacturing concern.  The rules
expressly prohibit smoking in the electronic assembly and test areas.
This is rigidly enforced by the customers, one of which is NASA.  They
believe that the smoke can contaminate the solder joints among other
problems it can cause.
Yes, your senses can become dulled, if you are the one smoking.  Did
you ever eat anything with Onion, or Garlic in it?  You could not detect it
on your  breath, but others sure could.  Heck, my wife even complains
about the smell of peppers on my breath, when I eat them.  Funny, I
never seem to smell it.
There may be more reasons than this, but this is a start of a list.
73, Paul WA9FFL