[TenTec] Centurion

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Centurion
From: victorj@fast.net (victor j celani)
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 1997 10:04:48 -0500
I have a 4 yr old amp. I use it to chase dx.So it hasn't been  worked hard.
Most of the time I keep it in standby and switch to operate only when
calling.
Today it stared to run hot while in standy by ,I never had it in operate.
Cabinate became too hot to touch within minutes.Fan was working.
It looked like the second tube was glowing a lot brighter than the front
one.When I switched  the amp off the second tube glowed londer than the
front tube.
When I switch it to on,in stanby the plate current read s 2 Manual says it
should be 0 .Ep read 2.4 manual says  it should read about 3100volts. Ig
reads 40ma.
When I swicth to operate all readings remain same.
When I key it ,the plate amps read.4, Ig reads 120 and Ep has a slight
downward deflection.
Altho I'm electronically challenged,it seems that the tube(s)  is (are)
being excited in the standby mode.
I would appreciate  some help . What should I look for, how can I fix it .?

Thanks
Vic K3VP