[TenTec] 238 tuner on 160? (long)

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] 238 tuner on 160? (long)
From: schell@radonc.medinfo.rochester.edu (Michael Schell)
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 1998 21:26:57 -0500
Hello Mike,
I have a 229B, which is electrically identical to the 238.  I purchased it used
from Ten-Tec.  The comment on the slide rule indicator is correct.  I wish it
were a counter.  There are no rivets.  All connectors are secured with
screws/lock washers/nuts.  I regard the review as harsh.  However, if your
using 100-150 watts out, you might consider the autotuner AT-11 by LDG.
73,
Mike KF2LF      GO PACK!