[TenTec] The demise of manufacture

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] The demise of manufacture
From: kg5u@hal-pc.org (Dale L. Martin)
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 1998 10:44:39 -0600
I would never go so far as to say anything would make everyone
happy.

In fact, I would be bothered greatly by it if Ten-Tec
incorporated the useless circuitry needed for AM, especially if
they did it at the expense of something else that would either
enhance the CW or receiver operation.

Why would one need AM capability?  Even HF foreign broadcast
stations are moving away from it.  Can't one do the same with USB
or LSB?

I'm not even sure I like the idea of the FM button on my OMNI VI.
In fact, I'm sure I don't care for it.  I never use it; naver
have, probably never will..but, I guess there are a few people
who are using it to warrant it being placed there.

73,
Dale, kg5u