[TenTec] Tentec Service

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Tentec Service
From: kayser@rideau.net (Larry Kayser)
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 1998 09:47:23 -0500
Greetings All...

I am not keen on "carrying coal to Newcastle" on this reflector but just in
case there is any member of the reflector or person who might see this email
who is not a believer in Tentec Service, read on, otherwise for all
confirmed believers Onwards to the next email and have a great day....

I had a TenTec radio with a problem.  The problem was intermittent, which
for both of us is a very nasty issue to solve.  We could have easily wound
up not being friends of this, however the professional attitude and the
commitment to service of Ten Tec was just excellent.  We took our time and
worked it through to a good conclusion - then in the end a small piece was
missing that I had included when the radio was returned to the factory.
Scott Robbins put it in a box and sent it to me directly which returns the
radio to full usefullness.

If anything tests the relationship between a manufacturer and a customer
harder than an Intermittent problem, I do not know of it.  The potential for
missed or inappropriate communication is so great - I am greatful for the
Ten Tec approach of working it through.  Does Ten Tec walk on water?  No.
Like many manufacturers I have dealt with in a long working career, they had
a difficult moment accepting that I might know something about how the radio
should work.  But Ten Tec flat out has the best Service I have ever directly
experienced or been close to in 43 years of Amateur Radio.

Just as a comparison, I had a warranty failure, first ever by the way, on a
yacomwood radio, I waited for nearly three months for it to be fixed, a hard
open (and very very visable) of two capacitors of common easily obtained
value and type....

73 to all

Larry VA3LK / WA3ZIA