[TenTec] Titan/RYRYRYRYRYRYRY

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Titan/RYRYRYRYRYRYRY
From: sales@tentec.com (Ten-Tec Inc. Amateur Radio Sales)
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 1998 10:01:40 -0500
At 07:57 AM 2/5/98 PST, you wrote:

>Hello All,
>
>I just picked up a used TenTec Titan last weekend and am going to use it
>in the upcoming WPX RTTY contest.  I was wondering if it will be OK to
>run the Titan at 1500W with the high duty cycle?  If not, what would be
>considered a good level without causing any undue stress?
>
>Any information would be appreciated.
>
>73 de brent - w5ww
>
>RYRYRYRYRYRYRYRYRYRY

Hi Brent:

We rate the Titan at 1000 watts key down output, indefinite time limit.
When building the Titan for military use, we ran the Titan at 1000 watts
output, key down, for 24 straight hours as one of the tests.  The military
version of the Titan was exactly the same amplifier as sold for amateur
radio use except the power supply was built in a rack mount case.  You can
certainly run the Titan at 1500 watts key down for RTTY use.  We do not
recommend running it key down at 1500 watts for long, extended periods of
time, but for "normal" RTTY use it will be fine.

73,
Scott Robbins, W4PA
Amateur Radio Product Manager, Ten-Tec