[TenTec] a thought for a T Kit

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] a thought for a T Kit
From: turner@safety.ics.uci.edu (Clark Savage Turner WA3JPG)
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 1998 13:20:02 -0800
I know the Ten Tec guys are pretty busy down there in Tennessee, but
here is my idea to solve the Ten Tec audio fidelity problem:

Offer a T-kit external speaker kit with a 962 enclosure.  Make the
grill nearly the full size of the face and give us a decent speaker
behind it with a small switch for simple audio filtering making it
useful for both CW and SSB.

I really suspect this would fly.  There are countless Corsair II,
OMNI V and OMNI VI owners would love a matching speaker they could
actually enjoy using.  I imagine the kit price could be well under
$100 with some decent profit for Ten Tec, simple components, very
small risk of misconstruction, etc.

I volunteer to beta test (or even build a prototype, heck!) if needed.

Clark
WA3JPG